"Oh Jerusalem, if I forget you"

.
.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello from the Holy Land!!!

Dear all,

I have made it safe and sound to the Holy Land!!!!! I really feel like this whole experience has been totally surreal so far! I'm absolutely stunned when I look around me. This land is SO beautiful and so full of culture! I really can't write much since I need to get some sleep and I've been awake for an insanely long time. I woke up at four in the morning and took a flight from Salt Lake to New York (and had a three hour layover there), and then directly from there our group of students flew into Tel Aviv, which took about thirteen hours. I have been in a complete daze the entire day. We do have a crazy schedule ahead of us. I’m incredibly exhausted, but I am SO excited for all the cool things we have in store for us.

Anyway, I love you all, and I really do appreciate all of your prayers and support. I'm so grateful to have this opportunity and to study in such an amazing place. I will try and write soon about my upcoming adventures.
Love you all,

Jill



First day exploring the city








Distant view of the BYU JC
Looks like a temple eh?

Sign reads: "Danger of DEATH" hahaha
Found this outside the entrance of the center


Exploring the city of Jerusalem
From left to right: Marie Cope, Jonathan Robinson (snarky Jon), me, Bonnie Burk


This is the kind of beautiful random architecture you'd find in the city on a typical day of wandering.

This is the entrance to the BYU Jerusalem Center.
Left to right: Bonnie Burk, Marie Cope, me, Kimberlee Ray


View from my apartment balcony at the center

No comments:

Post a Comment